Plenty of activity for racegoers at Cheltenham’s opening fixture
There will be a variety of activities taking place in The Parade Ring at Cheltenham’s first meeting of the season on Saturday 26th October, including a demonstration from Riding for the Disabled, whose stables are located nearby.
Claire Jenkins, Manager of Cotswold RDA said: “We are delighted to be invited to celebrate the work of Cotswold RDA before racing. We are based on Cheltenham racecourse and are so supported by The Jockey Club. We work with over 200 disabled riders each week- our youngest is 3 years old and our oldest is 87 years young. Two of our riders will be riding and will be talking about the transformational difference riding with us makes to their lives. Even though we are supported by over 200 volunteers each week – we still need more and hope that we will be able to encourage some of the racegoers to join our amazing team!”
Other Parade Ring activities:
- Learn about racehorse anatomy with Rachel Keeble.
- Matt Nicholls (Kim Bailey’s assistant) will be talking through how to prepare a racehorse for a day at the races.
- Josh Stacey from the Racing Post will be on hand to provide a tipster talk ahead of racing.
- South West Syndicate Horses will be on parade before racing, a perfect opportunity to find out more and become part of the Jockey Club South West Syndicate – further details are available here.aztybyrtydbzvdzsef
Visit stalls and stands in the Tattersalls Sales Arena (located in the Club/Tattersalls Enclosure)
- Representatives from the British Racing School will be available to answer any questions for those that are interested in working in the horseracing industry. More information about the BRS is available here
- Retraining of Racehorses will be educating racegoers on a racehorse’s life after their career in racing.
- Racing to School are also part of the day. The education charity delivers free outdoor learning activities for young people at racecourses, studs and trainers’ yards across the country. They will be on hand to teach the skills of riding a racehorse with demonstrations and the opportunity to ride an equisizer.
- Blacksmith Matt from Beltane Forge will be showcasing his talent with a live demonstration straight from the forge.
Further information can be found here.