Plenty of Half-Term racing action for all the family
It’s school Half-Term next week and we’ve listed some fixtures with entertainment for all the family at different racecourses across the country. Under 18s go free at most fixtures – find out more about #u18sracefree here.
Look below to find out more:
- Sunday 16th – Market Rasen’s ‘Love Market Rasen Raceday’
- Tuesday 18th – Taunton’s Jurassic Half Term raceday
- Wednesday 19th – Doncaster’s Winter Warmer Raceday
- Thursday 20th – Sedgefield’s Frozen Funday
- Friday 21st – Warwick’s Fabulous Fiver Friday
- Friday 21st – Exeter’s Devon National Raceday
- Saturday 22nd – Newcastle’s Eider Chase Raceday
- Sunday 23rd – Fontwell Park’s National Spirit Hurdle raceday, featuring support for local charity The Racehorse Sanctuary
- Sunday 23rd – Hereford’s Half Term Raceday
With the recent bad weather, please do check racecourse websites and social media regularly ahead of attending fixtures.
Introducing young people to racing this Half Term
Education charity Racing to School will be hosting 190 young people across four groups at Doncaster, Exeter, Lingfield and Sedgefield next week, as well as taking in a visit to the Royal Agricultural University. The Riders’ Programme focusses on young people that already have an interest in horses and equestrian sport, by giving them an opportunity to experience racing and its training and career paths – this is very often their first taste of the sport. The Careers in Racing team support these events by providing links to future careers days and information for those interested in learning more about the many opportunities available.
Riding A Finish – a Riders’ Programme event – Summer 2019