Pontefract In The Zone Family Raceday
Pontefract’s renowned Sunday fixtures not only feature their best racing of the year with over £100,000 worth of Prize Money available at each meeting, but they are also the 3 fixtures each season dedicated to families.
As well as special events on each Sunday raceday, there will also be a funfair, facepainting, circus, free sweets, activity packs and racecards for kids, pony rides, trips to the starts of races and a ‘Hunt The Golden Horseshoe’ competition on every Family Day!
Their final Family Day of 2019 will be run once again as The In The Zone Raceday!
They are setting up zones around the Enclosures to offer racegoers the chance to engage with and learn a little more about different parts of the industry:
- The jockey zone – pre register for an ex- jockeys take on how to ride Ponte. Walk the last 6 furlongs at 11.30am (numbers limited)
- The industry zone – Behind the Scenes Tour in the Weighing Room from 12.30pm – 12.45pm
- The horse zone – Join the ex racehorses and vets during a parade of ex racers from 12.45pm – 1pm
- The quiet zone – Enjoy a free tea or coffee with us while you read the Racing Post and sort out your selections. Peace and quiet between 12.30pm and 1pm in the Betting Hall
- The newcomers zone – Meet our ‘Here to Help’ team who’ll show you around and explain how an afternoon at the races works. Join us on the Marquee Site – 1.00pm
- The tipster zone – Listen to the expert Punters Panel in the Winners Enclosure at 1.30pm
- The kids zone – Get the kids involved with the live demonstrations of horse handling and care. Watch them enjoy the Interactive Kids zone throughout the afternoon in the Picnic Enclosure.
More information: https://www.pontefract-races.co.uk/index.php/2019-race-season/fixtures-theme-days