National Racehorse Week
We are so looking forward to National Racehorse Week starting today, which celebrates our equine athletes and the care they receive. In addition to the many yard visits taking place, the sport will be welcoming new faces through its many community programmes nationwide.
Trainers – Yard visits
Please note; visit the National Racehorse Week website here to pre-book your visit – a number of yards are at full capacity already.
- 4th September– Rebecca Vanstone
- 11th September– Harry Whittington
- 12th September– David Dennis, Andy Crook, Sir Mark Todd, Tim Vaughan, Martin Todhunter, Louise Allan, James Ewart, Venetia Williams, Tony Carroll, Roger Teal, Pat Murphy, Jamie Snowdon, Harry Fry, Stella Barclay, ARC Malton Open Day, Epsom Open Day, Richenda Ford, Seamus Mullins, Suzy Smith, Ruth Carr, Martin Keighley, Mark Usher, Denis Coakley, Evan Williams, Daniel Mark Loughanne, Jessica Bedi, Eve Johnson Houghton, Henry Daly, Charlie Longsdon, Susan Corbett, Oliver Greenall, Ben Case, Richard Phillips, Ben Paulding, Brian Barr
- 12th- 19th September- JR Auvray
- 13th September- David Pipe, Tom Dascombe, Michael Does
- 13th- 14th September- Ivan Furtado
- 14th September– Michael Scudamore, Jane Williams, Rosie Dobbin, Philip Hobbs
- 14th- 16th September- Mark Johnston
- 15th September– Jedd O’keeffe, Karl Burke, Eric Alston, Oliver Sherwood, Kim Bailey
- 16th September- Micky Hammond, Gary Moore, Thomas R Symonds, Fergal O’Brien, Ian Williams, Emma Lavelle
- 17th September– Brian Meehan
- 18th September– Karen Tutty, George Baker, Warren Greatrex, Simon Earle, Nick Gifford, Diana Grissell, Dean Ovory, Henry Cecil Open Weekend, Sam England, Tim Reed, Paul Webber, Nick Alexander, Rebecca Menzies
- 19th September- Laura Horsfall, Sarah Hollinshead, Mike Murphy, Marcus Tregoning, Simon Whitaker, Matt Sheppard, Richard Bandey, Steph Hollinshead, Nick Kent
Racing to School
The education charity will be popping up at yards, racecourses and even a three-day event to showcase the power of the racehorse to young people.
- Chester racecourse (RTS education day)
- Wolverhampton (Pony Racing Day)
- Daniel & Claire Kubler (yard visit)
- Alistair Whillans (yard visit)
- James Ewart (yard visit)
- Richard Phillips (yard visit)
- Tom Dascombe (yard visit)
- Blenheim Horse Trials – Family Fun Day
The Pony Pathway: Pony Racing Authority, Careers in Racing, Racing to School and The Pony Club
Pony Racing Taster Day at Aintree
The NHRM welcomed star sprinter, Battaash, to the Rothschild Yard this week to start his retraining. Find about how you can meet him at the open weekend here.
British Thoroughbred Retraining Centre
18th September- Open Day
Visit the British Thoroughbred Retraining Centre website to book your place.
The Racehorse Sanctuary
18th September- Open Day
Visit The Racehorse Sanctuary website to book a place.