New service launches wellbeing support for racing’s leaders
The Leaders’ Line is a brand new, confidential support service for employers, leaders and managers working or self-employed in the British horseracing and Thoroughbred breeding industry, delivered by Racing Welfare. It has been created as a result of research and feedback to ensure that horseracing’s leadership has access to a dedicated, bespoke wellbeing service to meet the unique demands of their roles.
Industry Wellbeing Chair Simon Jones will introduce the new service on behalf of the Committee with a webinar. He said: “Leaders and managers play a crucial role across the horseracing industry, often juggling the needs of their organisations and the wider sport, alongside being responsible for the wellbeing of their staff.
“While there is a broad range of support available for people working across the industry, having consulted a wide range of people including racehorse trainers, racecourse managers, head grooms, stud managers and industry executives, it became evident that a bespoke service tailored to the needs of leaders and managers was required.
“The Leaders’ Line aims to provide that, helping to ensure these people in supervisory roles are well supported in their day-to-day lives and through the unique challenges of their roles. It is vital that they can access confidential and impartial support whenever they might need it.”
The Leaders’ Line can provide;
- Information, advice and guidance (from Citizen Advice Bureau trained staff).
- Access to psychological therapies – including accredited counsellors, sports psychology and sleep therapy.
- A management support service – providing guidance to help managers best support their staff and teams.
- A critical incident management service – providing support in the event of a critical incident in the workplace, including on-site trauma specialists.
- Occupational Health – to support physical and mental health at work, including assessments by occupational health nurses and access to fully funded treatment.
- Professional development, career support and executive coaching.
The service is free and completely confidential; the full range of services are available Monday – Friday 9am-5pm, while counsellors are available 24/7, 365 days per year.
Call the Leaders’ Line on 0800 049 2593 for support or visit https://bit.ly/3BzNGhh for more information.