Racing Together Community Day
Racing’s national day of volunteering in local communities
Wednesday 8 May
- British racing’s national day of employee volunteering.
- Initiated to collectively inspire and showcase racing working in its local communities, showing that it’s fun to give back alongside colleagues.
- The 6th annual Racing Together Community Day will take place on Wednesday 8th May 2024.
- Follow this link to register your interest or contact email@example.com for more information, support and advice.
Find out more…
Racing Together CEO John Blake reflects on a record Racing Together Community Day on Sky Sports Racing.
Find out who got involved, what the key themes were and which charities and community groups benefitted.
Catch up here
“Newmarket racing-related businesses had an amazing opportunity to improve our local area this week: sign cleaning, litter picking and more. It was a fantastic example of teamworking and has made a visible difference to our local area.” John Gilbert, Racing Centre CEO
A big thank you to all the businesses and individuals who got involved for this year’s Racing Together Community Day and made a difference in their local communities.
- Your people: it’s fun, develops skills and offers a rewarding team-building activity
- Your community: it changes lives, builds new partnerships and helps where need is greatest
- Your business: it’s motivating, creates a positive local profile and is responsible business.
10 Ideas for Racing Together Community Day Activity:
- Identify an existing charity partner or ask your team to submit local causes close to their hearts
- Tidy up your local area, speak to your local council
- Visit a volunteer website for ideas
- Contact your local Lions Club
- Use your team’s core skills; maintenance, catering, social media
- Invite beneficiaries to a behind-the-scenes day at your racecourse
- Use the day to train your staff: to be autism aware, dementia friends, etc
- Volunteer your time to host an event, fundraise, mentor or skills to help out
- Charity types suit your team: animal charities; sports foundations
- Equine charities: Greatwood, the Racehorse Sanctuary, HEROs, etc.
Help the sport to promote the day:
- Advise Racing Together of activities
- Tag Racing Together, take photos and be active on social media using #RTCommunityDay
- Send a press release to contribute to racing’s wider industry story
- Let your local MP know and invite them along.
Are you racing that week? If so:
- Use spare race titles and racecard space
- Include sponsors in activities
- Invite your local MP
- If you’re too busy, simply announce plans for later in the year
- Brief media contacts, photographers and raceday presenters.
About Racing Together
Racing Together represents and champions British racing’s community engagement and education activity and is a growing partnership of charities and other organisations who work across the sport to benefit others.Discover more
Racing Together Webinar Series
The Racing Together Webinar Series is designed to start and accelerate conversations on some key community engagement and education topics. The interactive sessions are led by a host and feature a guest panel from across and outside racing.Discover more