Diversity in Racing Resources
View and download resources from the list below to support your diversity and inclusion initiatives:
Educational and Practical Tools
- LGBT+ Awareness and Inclusion E-Learning.
- ‘Rainbow Ready’ Toolkit to help the sport communicate about LGBT+ inclusion.
- Racing is Everyone’s Sport Poster to display on a racecourse, in your workplace or on social media.
- Racing With Pride – British racing’s official LGBT+ network which offers a safe community for people to find support and camaraderie, as well as influence social change and promote a diverse and inclusive industry.
- Race and Ethnicity Terminology Language Resource by Sporting Equals, Feb 2021 – developing appropriate terminology to build confidence in engaging with ethnically diverse communities to allow for respect and relatability.
- Leading the Way Series 2020: Sky Sports Racing presenter Josh Apiafi talks to leading figureheads within the horse racing industry about diversity, discussing their career pathways into the sport and their experiences once they arrived.
- Racing is Everyone’s Sport film:
- Women’s representation and diversity in the horseracing industry by Oxford Brookes, 2017
- Female jockeys as good as males suggests research by Vanessa Cashmore, 2018. Read here.
- Female jockey performance in jump racing is being underestimated suggests research by Vanessa Cashmore, 2019. Read here.
- Sexuality in British Horseracing; an exploratory study into prevalence and attitudes by David Letts, 2019. Read here.
- ‘Racing Home’ – a report by Women in Racing highlighting the challenges faced by working mothers in the horseracing industry, 2020. Read here.
Industry Commitments and Plans
- Diversity in Racing Action Plan, published in July 2018, sets out ideas that can, and should, be addressed to promote greater inclusion across the sport, looking at participation, the workforce and racegoers. Read more.
- Diversity in Racing Annual Update 2019. Read more.
- Diversity in Racing Annual Update 2020. Read more.
- Industry Statement: no place for discrimination in racing, November 2020. Read more.
- Industry Commitment on Diversity and Inclusion 2021. Read more.
- Head of Diversity & Inclusion: Rose Grissell at email@example.com, +44 (0) 7771 376 384
- Safeguarding: Online reporting at britishhorseracing.com/regulation/safeguarding/ or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reporting discriminatory abuse: (e.g. homophobic, sexist, racist) – britishhorseracing.com/raceWISE/