What is Racing Together?
Racing Together represents and champions British racing’s community engagement and education activity and is a partnership of charities and other organisations who work across the sport to benefit others.
An important part of community engagement is promoting diversity and inclusion, and as such this website is home to the sport’s updates, in partnership with the Diversity in Racing Steering Group.
What is Racing Together’s purpose?
Racing Together was formed to coordinate, support, represent and measure British racing’s community engagement activity that takes place right across the industry.
Through a dynamic website we pull together and highlight all of the work the sport is able to facilitate and support with for the benefit of local communities.
Racing Together’s vision is for British racing to be known as a ‘force for good’ by helping the communities in which the sport operates.
What does it actually do?
- Racing Together offers practical support and communicates the varied work that takes place across our sport.
- Using various platforms, Racing Together highlights and celebrates all that is good in British Racing, recently expanding its work into Scotland, working with all five courses to instigate and accelerate activity and partnerships, such as the collaboration with Alzheimer Scotland and the youth initiative Take The Reins.
- Racing Together, in collaboration with the Diversity in Racing Steering Group, celebrates and showcases best practice, and offers tools and advice to make racing a more diverse and inclusive sport.
- Racing Together Masterclass – providing all racecourses with a training day on community engagement with expert speakers providing advice, support and ideas on community engagement and CSR.
- Racing Together Community Day – coordinating racing’s day of national volunteering, with racing organisations giving back to their local communities and engaging with local charities and initiatives.
- From educational days for young people; careers-focused opportunities and pathways to training; volunteering schemes and many other charitable initiatives, Racing Together represents what British racing is giving back to the communities in which it operates.
- Racing Together continues to build and develop a number of national partnerships, including Active Communities Network, Flying Futures, Dame Kelly Holmes Trust.
- Racing Together provides to charities and other organisations access to a volunteering database for them to match volunteers to opportunities to support their work.
What is the relationship between
Racing to School and Racing Together?
Racing to School is the community charity that works with British racing to provide free educational and careers-based programmes. Racing to School is leading Racing Together, incorporating its objectives within the charity’s strategy.
What is the relationship between
Racing Together and the Diversity in Racing Steering Group?
The Diversity in Racing Steering Group’s vision is for British racing to be a diverse and inclusive sport in which everyone has the opportunity to achieve their potential and where fans from all communities feel welcome. It is a forum for the discussion of ideas and activities, and provides strategic direction, advice and support to the industry in becoming more diverse and inclusive. Working collaboratively, Racing Together provides a platform to showcase best practice and practical guidance to the sport.
What are the benefits of being part
of Racing Together?
- To be recognised as a contributor to British racing’s community engagement work
- To utilise shared resources to help achieve more for racing’s many and varied beneficiaries
- Wider recognition for community engagement and diversity and inclusion activities, which can be promoted through Racing Together’s dedicated website and social media platforms and within Government.
- Access to a volunteering database where volunteers, and organisations seeking volunteers, can be matched successfully.
- Opportunities to work with Racing Together’s national partnership network, within and outside the sport.
We are delighted to work in partnership with the below organisations to grow community engagement and education activity across British racing.