Here you will find useful documents, links and case studies, designed to encourage and showcase British racing’s community engagement and diversity and inclusion activity.
British Racing’s Community Engagement: BrochureRT-Brochure-Single-Pages
Partnership Logo and Downloadable Assets
Racing Together is a partnership of charities and organisations working together across British racing to help others. We actively encourage all charities and commercial organisations across the sport to use this logo to identify and promote racing’s combined community engagement activities.
The logo can be downloaded and used on any appropriate promotional material.
Diversity in Racing Resources
Find and research, guidance and contacts relating to Diversity in Racing:
Guides and Templates
Below you will find inspiring case studies, guides and templates to inform your own community engagement activity.
- LGBT+ Allyship Webinar – Diversity in RacingCatch up on last week’s webinar, hosted by Vanessa Ryle and featuring the following panel members: racing industry consultant Lee Moulson, BHA Board Member David Jones and Liz Ward from Stonewall. You can find out more about Diversity in Racing here.
- British Racecourses join global Sunflower Lanyard SchemeThe Racecourse Association (RCA) has collaborated with Hidden Disabilities Sunflower to formally recognise the global symbol of invisible disabilities, the Sunflower lanyard, at all British racecourses. Sunflower wearers can feel confident when attending events that staff will be able to identify them and offer additional support or time. The Sunflower lanyard is widely recognised around […]
- To mark Volunteer Week Racing Welfare volunteer Rebecca Elvin tells us about the power of the charity’s weekly check-in calls for tackling social isolation during the pandemicVolunteers’ Week celebrates the contribution volunteers make to their communities and at Racing Welfare this is no better highlighted than by those who give up their time to be at the heart of their check-in and chat calls. The unprecedented curb on social interactions over the past year due to the Coronavirus pandemic has compounded […]
- A Case Study on Charity PartnershipsThe Festival supporting WellChild As part of Racing Together’s contribution to the sport and the partnership of organisations involved in community engagement, we aim to share case studies of best practice to support initiatives and encourage new ideas. A standout example of high-profile community engagement by racing is the partnership between the charity WellChild and […]
- COVID-19 – stay in touch with racing’s responseFind out how racing’s people and businesses have helped their communities during the Coronavirus pandemic Last updated 14/06. Stay in touch with this page as we reflect the work being done across racing to help those in need. Racecourses Racecourses nationwide responded to the needs of their local area; whether by hosting NHS testing sites, […]
Complete a Free e-Learning
A short online course on Racing2Learn, designed to inform anyone who is involved with racing. Learners receive CPD points, and an eCertificate verified by 1st4Sport and the Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA).
Racing2Learn also provides a wide range of free courses to learn more about aspects of the racing industry.
How to use the course:
- Visit www.racing2learn.com
- Create a free account and access the course
- Complete the course, answer the questions and receive your certificate
- Please also share the course widely with your organisation and HR function, embedding it in new starter packs, for example, to help us inspire others.