Racing Together Community Day will return on Wednesday 8 May
What is Racing Together Community Day?
- British racing’s national day of employee volunteering.
- Initiated to collectively inspire and showcase racing working in its local communities, showing that it’s fun to give back alongside colleagues.
- Activity co-ordinated by Racing Together ranged from hands-on work to careers days and environmental clean-ups.
- A nationwide initiative, supported online via the website, Instagram and Twitter, using the hashtag #RTCommunityDay
- Over 75 racing organisations signed up to give back to their local communities through volunteering in excess of 700 hours in 2023. Watch the round up video below:
Thinking of taking part next year? View and download the information pack here
ITV Racing’s Adele Mulrennan interviewing Charlotte Russell, Manager of Go Racing in Yorkshire ahead of Racing Together Community Day
“We are so grateful for the help and time the British Thoroughbred Retraining Centre team are giving to The Centre today. I have Multiple Sclerosis and struggle with the amount of jobs to do here, so this is such a great help.”
Gary, Groundsperson at The Centre @ Halton community hub
“Our team of Newmarket racing-related businesses had an amazing opportunity to improve our local area this week through sign cleaning, litter picking and much more. It was a fantastic example of team working and we hope has made a visible difference to our local area.”
John Gilbert, Chief Executive of the Racing Centre